Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Start of Something Great

Hey everyone and welcome to another Clay Wednesday. For today I have a work in progress to show you. I worked on only one thing all day so I'm going to show you some photos of the process of making it.

What I'm working on is a figurine for a YouTube contest. I have never made a figurine before so this has been quite the adventure. Onto the photos:

Here is what everything looked like after it was sculpted and baked. Many of those kawaii fans should know who the characters are going to be by this photo. I also made a structure for them to sit in which will be revealed in later photos.
This next photo is of the structure after it was glued together and then draped in more clay. I also added a little flag to the top. You can also see the inside of the tent (that's what it is) which is yellow and white marbled clay that I mixed. The base is pink and white  marble. I did  not show the tent after gluing because it looked horrible and looked more like a shack than a tent. Now it looks like a tent.

This is what it looks like now. I painted the figures and the tent. The figures are Shappo and Toto from Sentimental Circus and then they will sit inside the tent. Toto will sit on Shappo's lap. After I took this photo, I painted "Circus" on the flag.
So those are all the photos of the making of my first figurine. I will finish it tomorrow and make a video for the contest. I will also have a page for the Scrapbook day. I was unable to find any photos from the Jeff Dunham show so I have placed it on another page which is what I will be sharing tomorrow. So until then, TTFN Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment