Friday, June 21, 2013

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things to Do

Hey everyone. As promised, I'll show you some more pages from my Smashbook. I finished one page and made a new two page spread. It's my first in my book so I'm super excited about it. I'll start with the one I finished up today.



Here's the cat page I showed a couple weeks ago but I added some new things to it so I think it's complete now. I found a stamped image of a cat with a bee that I colored with my colored pencils, fussy cut both the cat and the bee out, and glued them on. I also added a flight path for the bee and added "Bzzzzz" that is coming from the bee. I also added some sound that my cats make under the word "Cat".  If I find some more things that will fit on this page, I may add them later but until then, this is what the page looks like.
Now, onto my new two page spread!

This is the first page. It has the images that correspond with the  page on the right. The title of the page is "Top 6 Hobbies". I drew that in with the Smash pen and then colored it in with my markers. I added an EK Success die cut to the bottom that says "I'm Creative. You Can't expect me to be clean too!" I thought that was very fitting for the way I craft.


Here's the other side. I used one of the Smash pockets to put my little journaling blocks in. Each of the blocks have a different hobby that i like to do. I would have done 10 hobbies but I only had 6 of those journaling blocks. On the bottom right corner of each of the blocks is an owl that is the same color as the border around the block. I got them in a swap so I don't know who makes them.  If anyone knows where I can get some more, let me know cause they are really cute. To keep all the blocks from moving, I put some washi tape on paperclips and clipped them onto the blocks. I added two extras on the bottombut those ones don't stand out as much. I decorated the pocket with washi tape, foam stickers, flowers, and a smash label. I added the date after this picture was taken. The two red hearts have faces and the pink heart has black dots in it with some lines coming off it.
I had so much fun putting these two pages together. I don't usually make things so busy but it is a Smashbook so I thought I'd give it a try. I got the idea for these pages on Pinterest. I created a board of different Smash page ideas so you can go check it out and maybe get some ideas for your own Smashbook. I out a bunch of challenges and pages on it so you'll probably see more of those coming soon in my own book. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll be back on Monday with an OWH card. TTFN Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment