Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Some Nifty Swappy Things

Hey everyone. Since it's Tuesday, I'm going to share some swap things with you. I have the normal ATCs but I also have some altered pieces and an art journal page. So, onto the swaps.

I'm going to start with the ATCs. I have made some for swaps that are already started and some for swaps that will start later this month.

Ok, so I'm going to start from the top and make my way down to the bottom. On the top row are two ATCs for the ABCs of Geometry series. I have an obtuse angle, quadrilateral, and on the second row, you can see the perpindicular lines one. Then on the second row is an ATC for a swap that is called Risk. For this swap, all participants choose one theme that they put in the comments and then when the partners are given, we all look in the comments section to find our partners theme and we make an ATC centered around that theme. My partners theme is snowflakes so I used some embossing powder and stickles for the flakes and then tried out some Tim Holtz crackle paint for the bottom. I love the effect the crackle paint makes so I might have to get some more colors of this stuff. The next ATC is another Strong Women in History ATC and this time it is Isabella of Castile. This is the last one that is up on Swap-bot but I really hope she creates some more since I had so much fun making these. On the last row is an ATC about a day in the life of a cat. I had a little trouble with this one since my cats don't do much. I stamped the cat, made a ball of yarn, put on sticker of a mouse, and wrote "Meow!" and "zzzz" on it.


I'll next show you the art journal page. For this swap, we were to make a page using something that began with Y. I actually asked my mom what I should do and she said yodel so I paper pieced this yodeling dog together and put him on a mountain. I wrote the "yodel ay ee ooo" on the top left corner. A requirement for the swap is to have a Y on it so I cut a Y from golden yellow cardstock and glued it to the mountain. That yodeling wolf is so cute.
On to the altered pieces. I'll start with this art doll. I used this template for the doll. I colored her hair, face, and arms with colored pencils. I used a Hero Arts background stamp for her torso with my Cat's Eye stamps and then used Tea Dye for the distressing. I also wrapped some green string around her waist. For her tail, I used some Zing glittered green embossing powder, that I got on Saturday with the envelope board and stamps, to make her tail look like shiny like a real tail. On her fins, I glued different colors of tissue paper. Makes it look more flowy.

The last swap piece I have to share is an altered DVD case. It's not completed yet but I do have the cover almost done. Here it is.

I used a digital stamp that I found online for the little pencil pixie. I colored her with colored pencils (I don't have any Copics or other markers that allow shading). I put stickles on her wings and glossy accents on the gray part of the pencil. I also made some little flowers using a little circle punch and brown buttons. The background of the cover is cream cardstock that I inked using, yet again, my Cat's Eye inks and various stamps. I also did some doodles. I think the willy nilly way I stamped makes it look like she got a little crazy with her pencils. I also bordered the whole outside of the DVD case with the purple ribbon. I'm going to work on this some more this week so I'll share this again when I get it done.

I have one more project that I wanted to share. It's not for a swap. It's just something I wanted to make. I found this project on YouTube and had to give it a try. I discovered Saturated Canary stamps a few months ago and bought a few of them but haven't used any until today. Not only does Saturated Canary have these awesome stamps, there is also have a YouTube channel that shows great ways to use their stamps. I'm not sure if its Saturated Canary's own channel but this channel does use exclusively their stamps. That's where I found this project. It's not done yet but it's looking good so far so I'd thought I share it anyway.


I'm using Saturated Canary's Turtle Lurv stamp. She's colored in with colored pencils and then fussy cut her. On the canvas, I Modge Podged some green dotted cardstock and some DCWV paper. Before I put the image on, I painted the background with light green and white paint and then wiped it off so you can still see the patterns on the paper underneath. I then Modge Podged the image and very lightly added some more white paint. I'll work on her some more this week and I'll keep you updated on her progress.

I hope you enjoyed checking out some of the projects I made and am in the process of making. Tomorrow, will be clay day so come back tomorrow to check out what I make. Until then, TTFN Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment