Monday, June 17, 2013

Retro OWH

Hey everyone. It's OWH card day again and I have a card to share using Sketch #177. This weeks sketch was very papery so I only made one card. The card I made also follows last week's Midweek Throwdown. I have some wings on the stamped image. Onto the card!


This week's card has a bit of a retro feel to it. With the envelope board, I had ordered Inkadinkado's Vintage Tattoos ink set so I used one of them on this card. It was inked with some inks that are on my Cat's Eye stack. I also stamped the I Love You so that it says "Sweetheart I Love You". I think it would work for the husband, wife, or child (especially a teen). I used some very dark brown cardstock for the bottom paper and then placed the heart and swirls paper. Next is the flowery banner. Some more brown cardstock is under the red dotted paper. I put some black brads on the side of the red paper. Then comes the stamped image that was stamped on white cardstock and then I used the same Cat's Eye stack that I used for the image to put a little color around the image. The sentiment is also using the stack.

I hope you liked the card. I'm really pleased with the way it came out. Tomorrow is going to be swap update. I have some ATCs, a page, and I'm taking a break right now from a altered art piece so hopefully I will have two altered art pieces to show you. Until next time, TTFN Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment