Friday, August 16, 2013

President Appreciation

Hey everyone. Today is Mini Book Friday and I have a couple of pages from my holiday art journal. I'll start with my Valentine's Day page.


For my Valentine's Day page I covered the background with pink tissue paper and then painted over it with pink and red paint. I added some Recollection Valentine die cuts and also painted some chipboard photo corner pink. I also painted some hearts on the pages and also made a heart using glitter glue. I wrote a quote on the right page that reads "What a grand thing to be loved! What a grander thing still to LOVE!" When I was all done, added my date stamp for the day of the holiday.
Onto my second page:

These pages are to celebrate President's day. I painted the backgrounds with red, white, and blue acrylic paint. I then printed out silhouettes of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln and cut them out. I traced around them and then painted them in with black paint. Lastly, I printed lines from the presidents most well know speech. For Washington, its his inauguration speech and for Lincoln its his Gettysburg Address. I also distressed the strips of paper with the lines on it with Vintage Photo distress ink.
Those are my two pages for this week. I hope you liked them. I'll try to make another post this weekend to make up for not having anything on Clay Wednesday. Until next time, TTFN Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment