Monday, August 12, 2013

New OWH Card and More

Hey everyone. Welcome to a new OWH Monday. Today, I'm going to announce something new I'd like to start with my OWH Mondays. I'm still going to do the weekly sketches that OWH has but I'd also like to do the Midweek Throwdown so I'm going to start including both. I will do one card using the sketch and one using my own sketch for the Midweek Throwdown. As an added bonus, I will include the sketch I created for the card. Let's start with OWH's sketch. This weeks sketch is Sketch #185. Here's the card I made:

This weeks sketch card is a Christmas card. By the time I am finally able to send all my cards it will be about time to for Christmas cards so I'm going to start making Christmas cards. I used a couple of DCWV Christmas patterned paper for the bottom and the strip. I also used some red and white cardstock and I used some ink by a la mode to distress the sentiment.  
Next I will share my card for the Midweek Throwdown. I used my own sketch for this card. It's kinda similar to OWH's but has some adjustments. Here's the sketch.

And here's the card.

This weeks Midweek Throwdown is to create a Fall card. I used Fall colors for my card. I used more OWH patterned paper for the bottom layer and then red, brown, and white cardstock for the other layers. I added three metallic brads for the side. Since the card was looking like a Santa suit, I punched out some leaves in Fall colors to go on the corners of the sentiment.
I hope you liked these two cards. If you make a card using my sketch, please leave a comment with a link to it below so I can see it. I'll be back with some swap updates tomorrow. Until then, TTFN Ta ta for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment