Monday, August 26, 2013

Kiddie and Pretty Cards

Hey everyone and welcome to another OWH Monday. I have another two cards to share with you. I have used this weeks OWH sketch for both cards so no sketch that I made this week. I did do a Midweek Throwdown card though so I will start with that one.

This weeks Midweek Throwdown is to make a card for kids. Here is mine:

For this card, I used red and blue cardstock for the background and the bottom rectangle. I also used DCWV's All About Boys mini stack for the strip and the top rectangle. I stamped Happy Birthday using my Bo Bunny stamp set and then tied navy blue ribbon around the cardstock. I thought there was too much space around the sentiment so I drew some wonky lines around it.

The second card I made is just using Sketch #187. Here it is:

This card is much prettier. I wanted to try making cards that are totally different using the same sketch. I used My Minds Eye's Moments 6x6 stack for the background, pink card stock for the top rectangle and white cardstock for the banner. I also used DCWV patterned paper for the bottom rectangle and tied some light pink ribbon around it. I used JustRite Clear stamps for the sentiment.
I hope you liked these two cards I made. I'll be back tomorrow with some swaps. I have most of the Halloween swap to show so I hope you'll come back tomorrow to see them. Until then, TTFN Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment