Friday, August 9, 2013

More Holidays

Hey everyone and welcome to another Mini Book Friday. I have a couple more books from my art journal to share with you. It's two more holidays. Here ya go.

My first page for the day is my Martin Luther King Jr. Day page. I painted both pages blue and then put a picture of MLK Jr. on the second page and wrote his initials above his head. On the first page I cut out four squares from beige cardstock and distressed it with Vintage Photo distress ink. On each square is a the beginning letter to one word of "I Have A Dream" and next to each square is the rest of the word. Afterwards, I stamped little stars all over both pages and then stamped the bottom of the page with the date of the holiday.
The second page for the day is my Chinese New Year page. This is actually my least favorite page in my book so far. I  put a wheel on the first page that has a spinner that points to the animal that represents the current zodiac. It's pointed at the snake since this is the year of the snake. On the other page is a list of all the animals in order. The whole page just looks really sloppy to me so I'm not liking it too much except the wheel. The page also has a date stamp for the date of the holiday.
Those are the two pages I have for this weeks mini book day. I hope you liked them. I'll be back on Monday with another OWH card. Until then, TTFN Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment