Friday, August 23, 2013

Lily Dale!

Hey everyone and welcome to another Mini Book Friday. I'm going to share two more pages from my holiday art journal today along with some extra goodies. Onto the pages:

My first page is the page for my birthday. I think my birthday is a holiday. A few of the pages in my book are not actually holidays. They are sometimes pages about important events in my life so I of course had to add my birthday. I painted the background pink and added black stripes since my favorite color combo is pink and black. I stamped the Happy Birthday with my Bo Bunny stamps and wrote "To Me!" underneath it. I also used some bubble wrap to add some cool effects since I've wanted to try that for a while and this page is suppose to be about me so why not. I also used my glitter glues to add the dots (one of my favorite embellishments) and added some doodles around the glitter glue. Lastly is the date stamp above a doodle on the right page.

The next page is my new favorite page that I've made. It's to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. For the background, I Modge Podged some green tissue paper on the page. I also stamped and embossed two clover images using green glitter powder but they are really hard to see. I also stamped a quote using the only St. Patty's day stamp I have and then outlined it with some gold wire. I thought it would be cool to have a pot of gold on the page so I painted that and added some glitter glue to the gold to make it sparkle like real gold. And you can't find a pot of gold without a rainbow to lead you to it so I painted a rainbow coming out of the pot of gold. I also wanted to add a leprechaun to the page so I printed a digital stamp out, colored him in, added a clover to his hand (the stem of the clover is green twine), and made him look like he is doing a jig on the rainbow. My date stamp is along the bottom of the rainbow.
Now that I have shared my pages with you I can share my pictures from my trip today. I went to Lily Dale again today and took a few picture. I forgot to take picture during most of the trip so I took a few when we were close to leaving. Hopefully we go again and I remember to take more photos. Here are the photos that I took.

The first three are of a fountain right outside of where I ate.


 The other two photos I have are from the Sunflower Cafe, where I ate. They have the best onion rings ever!




That is all the photos and pages I have to share with you today. I hope you enjoyed everything. I'll be back on Monday with some more OWH cards. Until then, TTFN Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment